Monday, March 11, 2013

I've always wanted to be a writer.  My cousin,@Roxanne Henke ,  is a published writer, and I've always admired her.  Last night, KC and I were out for dinner with our kids, celebrating Jenna's birthday.  @Jenna mentioned that she had been reading a mutual friend's blog.   I read our friend +Mikaila Worden 's blog and was inspired.

I may never be a famous writer, but I thought it would be fun to use my blog as a journal.  I love life, and I enjoy new experiences and finding humor in the every day.

Our weekend was so much fun.  KC and I went to many of the Parade of Homes.  We hope to sell our home of twenty years.  Needless to say, there have been many emotions around that thought.  I think women think of homes as having feelings--at least I do.  KC is much more logical about it, and he is very excited to move to the lake.  Looking at the new homes this weekend was very helpful, and I'm definitely much happier about the move.

On Sunday, KC and a friend from our small group, Eric, went skiing for a fundraising event at Wild Mountain.  KC participated in the racing part, and he just loved it.  After that, we went to more Parade of Homes and then out for a late birthday celebration with family.

My devotion this morning was another inspiration for starting to blog.  It discussed finding the good in each day.  Their suggestion was listing at least seven positive things about your day.  I'm going to try and follow that idea at night as part of my thank you prayer.  I thought I could also share some of my positives with you.

Enjoy your day, and find your seven happy things.  Blessings...

1 comment:

  1. Mom- So proud of you for doing this! This will be a great way to journal and share/express! I wish it showed up in your handwriting.... you may have to get a Bamboo Splash so it can!
    Love you and proud of you for doing this.

    ReplyDelete