Thursday, March 14, 2013

At the hospital...

On Tuesday, I brought +Ryan Bohn to the hospital for another endoscopy.  Even though this was his fourth time having one, I was nervous.  As I waited in the family area, many memories were in my heart.

This hospital has been the site for many family events.  I remember with happiness meeting many of my nieces and nephews.  I especially smile when I think of meeting one of my nephews.  He was wearing a cute little blue hat to cover his little "cone head" after emerging from his tiny mother. 

Heartbreaking memories also flood my mind.  My father-in-law spent his last days here.  I don't think a hospital patient room has ever held so many family and extended family members.  I remember us praying over him, and I feel blessed to think of his peace that he shared about dying.  Our family patriarch led the way with dignity and humor.

I think of a wild array of things as I remember my husband being flown to this hospital.  I remember visions of water, big eyes of the policeman helping us, a dear friend waiting in our local hospital with us, watching KC get on the helicopter, being surrounded by family and friends, praying and praying and praying, seeing the scan which was dreadful, finding humor ("fity cents"), and literally, just literally, watching him miraculously heal in front of my eyes.

So, yes, this hospital carries many memories

No comments:

Post a Comment