Saturday, April 6, 2013

Changes...

What an exciting last week or two!  Jenna will be leaving her present job to an exciting new career.  I love watching people challenge themselves, and she has been very inspirational.  She absolutely loves her present work; she has been mentored there, but she has also made a difference in many of her clients' lives.  She knew she wanted to do more, however, so she went through literally countless interviews for a new position.  I love watching the energy that people have to change from a comfortable and happy situation to then taking it to the next level.  I always think it would be so much easier to "stay put."

Our son, Ryan, is also taking it on new challenges.   He was accepted to physical therapy school in Tampa, Florida.  The program is described as rigorous, plus it is many miles away from home.  I love watching him be excited about the changes as he prepares for the move.  We offered another option of taking a year off and applying to a school in Minnesota, but he is ready and excited about this new chapter.

Megan found out that she definitely can finish college in three years.  It won't be easy, and she absolutely loves college life.  She will have to take a ton of classes, but she has her eyes on the end goal of graduating early, saving money, and going to grad school.

I would love to take credit for these amazing attributes in our children, but in the famous words of our eldest, "we are lucky."  We definitely are.  Even though I know I am supposed to be the one leading them, I find myself being awed and inspired by their thoughts, energies, and efforts.

I am actually looking into ways I can be energetic, uncomfortable, and inspiring to others.  We'll have to see where God leads me. I'm trying to open myself up to new ideas rather than always choosing the safe and easy route.  Stay tuned....:)

1 comment:

  1. This one had me in tears. Always nice to hear people are proud of you. And gosh, my siblings are doing some awesome things! Good job for seeing and being aware of other routes! Choices choices choices.

    ReplyDelete